Thursday, September 16, 2010

Testing GWT Designer

Google announced today on the GWT blog the availability of GWT Designer among other things coming from the Instantiations acquisition. I couldn't help trying it, of course, so I installed the Eclipse plugin and tried to add a DialogBox into an existing project of mine. The plugin created the skeleton code for the new class but when I clicked on the design tab to see the graphical editor, Eclipse crashed miserably. It just disappeared from my screen with nothing written in the log (how typical). I tried updating everything related to Eclipse and test again with no luck. I then tried to create a new project from the beginning with the same results. Google search didn't help either. Tomorrow I 'll try it on the office computer and see what happens.

No comments: